Are you looking for a luxurious gift that others will remember forever? We have a win-win idea for you. And for this, you only need to know the process of wrapping roses on paper. One of the critical aspects of wrapping a bouquet of roses is using a special paper wrapper. It helps preserve the beauty and freshness of flowers. So, here are actions on how you can pack flowers with it:
- Consider the bouquet’s color scheme and choose a wrapper that complements the roses.
- Carefully place each rose on a transparent paper or lace wrapper.
- Carefully cover the roses.
- Use additional accessories in the bouquet.
- Add a ribbon to attach the wrapper.
Creating beautiful bouquets from long-stemmed roses is an exciting and creative process. During this, you can include your fantasies and become a real florist. The main thing is knowing the nuances and rules of arranging long-stem roses.
In the floristic field, there are several types of paper for wrapping roses:
- Kraft paper;
- Tissue paper;
- Wax paper;
You can use any of them. The main thing is that it fits harmoniously into arranging long-stem roses.
Add decorations to your prepared roses. Florists usually add extra flowers and greenery. Among the popular options, you can choose:
- Eucalyptus. It adds texture and helps keep flowers fresh;
- Gypsophila. It can add volume and softness to the bouquet;
- Chamomile. It can add color and freshness to your bouquet.
If you want to add something extraordinary, learn how to make a rose stem out of paper. Then, put it in your bouquet for a more exciting look. Choose the option of decorations that best suits the style of your composition.
Next, wrap the flower stems together. It allows for an even distribution of flowers. Thus, in the further process, it will be easier for you to pack the flowers because they will not fall apart:
- Take all the roses you have and carefully collect them in a pile;
- After that, you need to master how to wrap flower stems with a ribbon;
- Hold the rose stems together and cover them with ribbon;
In the end, tie the ends of the ribbons. And to provide them with additional fixation, add scotch tape.
Next, you need to prepare to arrange long stem roses on the paper. But first, decide which side you will use:
- If you want a colorful part of the paper on the outside, lay the form so the normal side faces you;
- Place the paper with the bright side facing you if you want the bright side inside.
Put the flowers on the paper so that they are above the top square of the wrapper. To assemble a medium bouquet of long-stem roses, use paper measuring about 50 cm by 70 cm.
Fold one edge of the paper. Fold one part toward the flowers by keeping the right and bottom corners closest to you. Then do the same with the other side of the cover. As a result, the paper should roll up into a cone on the flowers.
- The fold should be about an inch or two thick;
- For wrapping roses in paper, one bend may be sufficient.
Take several pieces of transparent double-sided tape. Stick it between two overlapping edges of the wrapping paper. It is so that the wrapper does not unfold and get stuck.
- If you don’t have double-sided tape, you can use floral wire;
- And you can also use a decorative cord.
And the final touch is how to wrap flower stems with ribbon:
- Choose a ribbon that matches the color and style of your bouquet. You can use satin, organza, or other types of ribbons.
- Unroll the tape and cut it to the desired length.
- Holding the bouquet with one hand, wrap the ribbon around the stems. Start at the top near the flowers.
- Continue winding the ribbon in a spiral down the stems. Leave small distances between turns. It will help create a beautiful pattern and ensure stable fixation.
- Tie a bow once you have wrapped the stems all the way around.
When you order long stems roses online, you look forward to their delivery. And when they are on your doorstep, you want to admire these flowers for as long as possible. But if you do not care for them, their freshness will quickly disappear in a few days. So, for your desired arrangement of long-stem roses to please you in a vase longer than before, pay attention to the flowers:
- Be sure to change the water in the vase regularly. The flowers need to absorb fresh water. It is what gives them a new look and long durability.
- Also, pay attention to the flower petals every day. If there is one wilted leaf or petal, pick it off. After all, this can harm the general health of the entire bouquet.
The main thing is knowing how to care for and handle flowers correctly. They will bloom for a long time when they feel your care and love for them. We have collected the top 5 tips that will help keep your blossoms fresh for a long. So if you are interested in this, read on. It will definitely come in handy for real flower lovers:
A clean vase plays an essential role in keeping flowers fresh. After all, if you put a bouquet in a dirty vase, it can harm the flowers. For example, residues of detergents, contamination from flower stems, or dirt from the environment can damage buds.
A clean vase with clean water will help maintain the water’s quality and the flowers’ longevity. Before arranging long-stem roses in a vase, wash it well. Use a mild detergent and warm water. It will help to avoid the development of bacteria that can harm the flowers.
Before placing the flowers in the vase, cut the ends of the stems diagonally at a 45-degree angle. When you prune the branches, you remove the surface layers that may be damaged or dried. It helps the flowers better absorb water through the ends of the stems.
Cutting the stems at an angle helps to increase the absorption area of the flowers. Because it provides better nutrition for the flowers.
Use fresh, cold water in the vase. Cool water has a lower rate of evaporation compared to warm water. It allows the flowers to retain more moisture, necessary for their vitality and freshness.
You can also add exceptional food for flowers to this water. It helps preserve the freshness of roses and provides the necessary nutrients. But if you wrapped roses in paper before, remove the wrapper for better water absorption.
When you buy roses in the flower shop, you probably notice that these flowers are in a special cool place. It is to keep them fresh longer. Thus, avoid direct sunlight on your flowers.
Place them away from direct sunlight, radiators, and air conditioners. Avoid any other heat sources near your bouquet. After all, heat can speed up the withering process of flowers.
The use of aspirin in a vase with flowers is one of the ways to ensure the longer freshness of roses. Aspirin contains salicylic acid. It can help keep the flowers fresh and lower the water’s pH.
So, dissolve one aspirin tablet in 1-2 liters of water. Then add this solution to the cool water in the vase before placing the flowers. But remember, for this method to be effective, arrange long-stem roses in a vase in clean water.
Wrapping long-stem roses can be called real art. After all, it combines colors, sizes, textures, and shapes. Thus, you can show creativity and your imagination.
But if you are not in the mood for this kind of work, you can use the services of florists. Rosaholics give you the opportunity to independently choose the option of flowers and the type of their wrapping. Thanks to this, you can get the bouquet of your dreams.