Global Thick Film Devices Market Research Overview 2020-2025: Industry Growth Analysis by Key Players, Types, Applications, Countries, and Forecast.
The Thick Film Devices market is expected to register a CAGR of 14.4% over the forecast period 2020 – 2025. This report presents market Size, Share, COVID Impact Analysis and Forecast to 2025. It is comprehensive research with in-depth data and contemporary analysis of Thick Film Devices Market at a global, regional and key country level, split by different sub-segments of the industry.
The global thick film devices market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. This is due to increasing adoption in the manufacturing process of the electrical and electronic devices and surge in demand for advanced miniature tools. Rapid heat-up and thermal cycling, precise temperature control, low energy consumption, and portable applications are some significant characteristics of the studied technology, which are gaining adoption over other technologies.
– For instance, in April 2020, Bourns, Inc. announced the availability of a new AEC-Q200 compliant series of thick film chip resistors — Model CRxxxxA series. It is designed in five different versions to support specific application requirements — CR standard, CR-PF ultra-low lead content, CR-AS sulfur resistant, CRxxxxA-AS AEC-Q200 compliant, and sulfur resistant and CRxxxxA AEC-Q200 compliant. In May 2019, ATE Electronics had released the next power level thick film resistor PR800. This new resistor has a 30% higher power capability than the latest PR600 with the same footprint of 57(65) x 60mm.
Inquire for Free Sample Pages:
The growing technological advancements in the sector is also expanding thick film devices’ industrial adoption. Growing demand for MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) and multi-layer ceramic capacitors are also expected to fuel the demand for thick film technology over the forecast period. However, in 2019, thick film chip resistor and MLCC manufacturers experienced price increases in feedstock metals, which is also a capable passive component industry. It is estimated that variable costs to produce MLCC and thick film chip resistors (which are the two-mass produced passive components) amount to about 70-80% of the cost of goods sold in various passive electronic component industries.
– Increasingly demanding technical requirements have exposed the limits of the standard thick-film technologies used to produce circuit-board conductors. However, companies are also investing in developing a new generation of thick-film pastes, and their photolithographic structuring enables the manufacturing of extremely high-resolution thick-film structures necessary for advanced applications, like 5G technology.
– For instance, researchers from the Fraunhofer Institute for Ceramic Technologies and Systems IKTS, in collaboration with MOZAIK, a UK-based company, have developed conductors based on screen-printing technology with a resolution of 20 micrometers or less. They claim that the process is suitable for industrial applications (especially 5G) and mass production, and the investment costs are low.
– The spread of the novel Corona Virus has severely affected the market studied. This is because of the sudden shutdown of factories along with a ban on international flights. In modern manufacturing history, demand, supply, and workforce availability for the first time are affected globally at the same time. Thick film devices manufacturing requires people to be physically on-site. Most of the factories making these devices are not designed to be managed remotely. February 2020 also witnessed the biggest-ever fall in the history of the worldwide smartphone market. Due to the dampened sales of these durables, the market vendors’ operating profit has drastically decreased.
Avail an Amazing Deals on Thick Film Devices Report Purchase/Customization:
The thick film devices market is consolidated due to a significant share of the market is occupied by top players. Moreover, the new player finds it difficult to enter the market due to the strong dominance of existing players. Some of the key players include Panasonic Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Vishay Intertechnology Inc., TE Connectivity Ltd, KOA Speer Electronics, Inc., and AVX Corporation others.
– April 2020 – Panasonic Corporation introduced NEW ERJ-UP3 Series Anti-Sulfurated Thick Film Chip Resistors, Anti-Surge Type in 0603-inch case size. It is designed to be extremely durable in challenging or unclean, harsh environments. It provides anti-sulfurization characteristics that avoid an open circuit caused by a sulfide disconnection.
– February 2020 – Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. introduced the first high power resistors on the market to be offered with its AEC-Q200 qualified thick film high power resistors. It is designed for direct mounting on a heatsink. The company’s Sfernice LPSA range of products delivers high power dissipation and pulse handling capabilities, which in turn helps the designers to reduce component counts and lower costs in automotive applications.
All the reports that we list have been tracking the impact of COVID-19 the market. Both upstream and downstream of the entire supply-chain has been accounted for while doing this. Also, where possible, we will provide an additional COVID-19 update supplement/report to the report in Q3, please check for with the sales team.
About MARKET INTELLIGENCE DATA
+1 (704) 266-3234 | Mail to: email@example.com