Priscilla Beach Theatre announces its 79th season of summer stock workshops for children and teens with rehearsals beginning on June 8 for the family favorite, Disney’s “Peter Pan Jr.” based on the play by J.M. Barrie.
New this summer is a teen workshop, “CRAZY TOWN” which is designed to give older students more advanced coaching, direction and additional stage time.
Each of the season’s five workshops rehearse daily for two-weeks in which students work to develop performance skills, train, and rehearse. The workshops conclude by presenting fully staged productions on PBT’s outdoor stage under the big tent.
The season’s workshops include:
- Disney’s Peter Pan Jr. the Musical, June 8-25, performances June 26, 27, July 3
- CRAZY TOWN, June 29-July 9, performances July 10, 11, 17, 18
- A Christmas Carol, July 13-23, performances July 24, 25, 31, Aug. 1
- Charlotte’s Web, July 27-Aug. 6, performances Aug. 7, 8, 14, 15
- Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet,Aug. 10-20, performances Aug. 21, 22, 23
PBT’s 2015 workshop season will be lead by professional directors including award-winning actress Theresa Chiasson, now in her third season with PBT, as well as Artistic Director Emeritus Geronimo Sands.
PBT staff and directors take care to create a safe and supportive learning environment in which students are free to explore technique, build confidence, forge strong bonds and develop essential stage skills. Thoughtful and proven technique is employed to build students’ awareness, mindfulness and presence that establish the groundwork for essential lifetime skills on or off the stage.