Global Semiconductor Materials Market 2021-2026 includes an elaborative summary of the market that provides in-depth knowledge of various segments of the market. The report focuses on the emerging trends in the Global and regional spaces on all the significant components, such as market capacity, demand and supply, production, profit, and competitive landscape. The research evaluates the Global Semiconductor Materials market size, growth scenario, potential opportunities, trend analysis, and competitive analysis of the market. Also, the report presents the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the Semiconductor Materials market comparing it with the working of the market before covid-19 and suggestions related to growth Post-Covid-19.
The Semiconductor Materials Market was valued at USD 54.67 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 69.81 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.17% over the forecast period from 2021 to 2026.
Click Here to Get Free Sample PDF Copy of Latest Research on Semiconductor Materials Market 2021 Before Purchase:
Market Overview: –
– In the current market scenario, a significant portion of electronic devices, including laptops, smartphones, computers, etc., still use ICs and other semiconductor devices manufactured from silicon substances. Although silicon is still dominating the primary applications in the market, new materials replace the previous substrates and packaging for a few uses. For instance, the popularity of GaN material in power semiconductors has led the manufacturers to switch to this material. Owing to speed and efficiency, GaN-based transistors are finding newer applications, particularly in optoelectronics, compared to SiC-based ones. GaN has a thousand times the electron mobility than silicon and relatively stable operability at higher temperatures.
Competitive Landscape: –
The semiconductor materials market is quite competitive and consists of significant players. However, in terms of market share, few of the major players such as LG Chem Ltd, Kyocera Corporation, Hitachi Chemical Company Ltd, etc. currently dominate the market. However, with the help of technological advancements, product innovations and partnerships, mid-size to smaller companies increase their market presence by securing new contracts and tapping new markets.
– February 2020 – Kyocera Corporation developed a proprietary technology to produce silicon MEMS resonators for the silicon MEMS market. Following Kyocera’s complete acquisition of Tikitin Oy July 2019, a Finnish venture company with advanced MEMS technology, it has achieved outstanding frequency temperature coefficient and ESR characteristics never previously attained with conventional quartz and silicon products.
Key Market Trends: –
Substrate Packaging is Expected to Hold Significant Share
– Substrates serve as the foundation for electronic devices, such as transistors, diodes, and uniquely integrated circuits (ICs). The substrates require high thermal conductivity to dissipate the heat generated by the components efficiently and quickly from the conductor layers. Moreover, among all other types, substrates have been witnessing a significant share, as it is the base material to build circuit boards and design compact assemblies. SiC substrates had been the area of focus for many years for many companies. The silicon substrates witnessed a full adoption. A close examination of the activities of the vendors in this field also suggests the same.
– For instance, in July 2019, Soitec and Kokusai Electric Corporation extended its technology partnership (via an R&D collaboration) with Substrate Innovation Center in France. The center co-launched by CEA-Leti and Soitec is an industry-inclusive hub promoting new businesses and learning from the substrate to the system level. GaN substrates have recently become essential components to be deployed across blue-violet laser diodes in recorders or BD players and the power control elements. GaN substrates are also used across optoelectronic products, such as lasers, LEDs, power electronics, and radio frequency amplifiers.
North America is Expected to Hold Significant Share
– In the North American region, the United States has been able to maintain its competitiveness efficiently managing the global design and manufacturing supply chains, even though the consumption of the semiconductors market has shifted heavily toward the Asia-Pacific region over the past decade. This approach has included the countrys ability to keep to high-value design and production work within the United States, while offshoring low-value production. The country illustrates this trend is the largest market for Chinas export. GaN, as a semiconductor material, is noted to have an established market in the region, as it is being employed extensively in LED lighting and wireless applications and power supplies.
– GaN has various characteristics which includes high-frequency operation, promote high performance while maintaining high efficiency. This had led the local manufactures of semiconductor components to opt for this material. In January 2020, MEGA Electronics announced the launch of GaN FET power supplies. Additionally, the material suppliers in the region have been expanding on capacity levels, post the trade tensions with China. In July 2019, JSR Micro Inc. announced expanding its semiconductor materials manufacturing capabilities and capacity with a new facility in Hillsboro OR. The company made an investment of USD 100 million toward the facility, scheduled to start operations in 2020.
Significant Features that are under Offering and Key Highlights of the Reports:
– Detailed overview of Semiconductor Materials Market
– Changing market dynamics of the industry
– In-depth market segmentation by Type, Application, etc.
– Historical, Current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
– Recent industry trends and developments
– Competitive landscape of Semiconductor Materials Market
– Strategies of key players and product offerings
– Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
Click the link to Browse This Full Report @:
Irfan Tamboli (Head of Sales) – Market Insights Reports
Phone: +1704 266 3234 | +91-750-707-8687