Historically, the medical billing process has been relatively straightforward, but it has become a sophisticated matrix of things today. It has now turned into a system and workflow that requires subject matter experts in variety of matters like CPT coding, holding payers accountable, ICD-10 coding, claim filing, technology, payer contracting, managing denied claims, responsiveness to patients, compliance. It also comprises procedures like providing meaningful reports to radiologists, practice managers, accountants, and attorneys. This requires talented staff and regularly updating them in case radiology billing is done in-house.
Outsourcing radiology billing service has a number of benefits for the radiology departments. Radiology billing is a time taking process and if you are planning to outsource the work, you are thinking in the right direction. Outsourcing saves a lot of time so you can focus on core activities. Once you outsource your radiology billing service, you will enhance your healthcare practice’s overall efficiency and bring down your team members’ workload so they can focus on more important tasks.
The different types of radiology medical billing services you can outsource are:
- X-ray & Tomography Billing Services – When you outsource this service, you no longer have to spend time addressing the X-Ray and Tomography findings. The company will ensure your practice goes on smoothly and with improved accuracy.
- Ultrasound Procedure Billing Services – This service will ensure the medical claims are processed quickly, which will improve your cash flow.
- MRI Procedure Billing Services – You no longer have to review the procedure documents form and worry about compliance. The company will check the medical coverage of patients under MRI coverage guidelines.
- Nuclear Scan Billing Services – You don’t have to worry about them interacting with various government and private players for nuclear scans happening at your hospital.
- Interventional Radiology Procedure Billing Services – The Company will take complete responsibility for the interventional procedure services such as thoroughly checking, verifying, rectifying the procedural documents.
If you are also thinking to outsourcing radiology billing service but wondering how it is going to help, then go through the below points to get more clarity:
- Free up your time – As a radiology department, you already need to manage a lot of things. Hiring a medical billing company will allow you to focus on things that you do the best – treating patients. You don’t have to worry about the medical bills and the claims.
- Zero Investment – If you have an in-house radiology billing team, there are a lot of things on which you will have to spend – some as part of a one-time setup and some recurring. Even if there are no customers, you will have to pay a fixed cost. When you outsource your billing service, you don’t have to worry about the expensive software. Even if the work volume increases, you don’t have to worry about adding additional employees to manage the workload.
- Compliance standards – Radiology billing has its own sets of compliance parameters which every company has to follow. The standards are updated frequently. If you outsource your radiology billing service, you don’t have to worry about the compliance changes and make changes in your system.
- Reduced error – There are a lot of things in radiology billing – making correct entry to claims. The billing department has to manage a lot, and to do it with 100 percent accuracy requires expertise. If you outsource your work, you know the work is going in expert hands and on your primary work.
Radiology is high risk and high-volume specialty and if you are planning to outsource the services, you should ensure you check the reviews of the shortlisted companies. Do ascertain, they have expertise in the kind of services you are outsourcing and, if possible, talk to some of their existing clients to get real-time feedback. If you are looking for a trust-worthy and renowned firm to outsource your radiology billing, we at 24/7 Medical Billing Services specialists can provide you with correct advice and guidance. For more details, call us at +1-888-502-0537.