A 34-year-old Martha’s Vineyard man died at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth following an apparent heroin overdose at a home in South Plymouth, Tuesday morning.
According to Captain John Rogers, the man was staying at a house in the 500 block of Long Pond Road where he was discovered by a resident. Firefighters administered Narcan, but could not revive him, Rogers said.
He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
While no evidence of drug use was found on the scene, the victim’s history leads police to believe he was using heroin at the time of his death.