Lucas Cordalis is not only the son of the very first king of the jungle Costa Cordalis – but should also have been part of the new season of the RTL show. But nothing will come of it.
Lucas Cordalis will not move into the RTL jungle camp as planned – the musician tested positive for Corona.
“The singer was found to have the corona virus during a PCR test after he entered South Africa,” RTL said on Wednesday – two days before the start of the new season. However, reality star Daniela Katzenberger’s husband is doing well and has no symptoms. It is not yet clear if the 54-year-old will move to the camp at a later date. According to RTL, the season starts with eleven candidates.
A king is enough in the family
This should be a blow for Cordalis. The son of the first “king of the jungle” Costa Cordalis was eagerly awaiting the start of the show. His participation had already been confirmed for about a year. “You asked me many times and I always said no,” Cordalis said in mid-2021. “I thought: one king in the family is enough. But my father is no longer alive and I think he would be happy if I went that far.”
The 15th season of the reality show “I’m a star – get me out of here!” starts Friday, January 21 at 9:30 p.m. on RTL. Due to Corona, the show is taking place this time in South Africa instead of Australia as it was before. (dpa)